Making Flash accessible

From: Jeff Isom <jeff@cpd2.usu.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 12:58:35 -0600
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I heard that someone has come up with a way to make Flash more accessible to
screen readers by layering HTML on the page some way.  I'm not sure how this
would work, but I'm very interested because I'm asked all the time how to
make flash accessible.

Has anyone heard of this technique or any others to make accessible?  I'm
aware of the Flash Accessibility Developer's kit (with its limitations).
I'm looking for something more.

Jeffrey Isom
Instructional Designer
Web Accessibility in Mind (http://www.webaim.org)