CSS Question

From: Tim Harshbarger <tim.harshbarger.cqwg@statefarm.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 11:24:03 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Hi,

I do not know if this is the right place to ask this question, but I will
since I do not know where else to ask.

We have a group of buttons on a page.  We want all the buttons to be the
same size visibly.  However, we want some of the labels for those buttons to
be split on multiple lines.

For example, we want

Test Button

to appear as

Test
Button

The usual way to fix this problem without using CSS is to hardcode a line
feed and return.  However, for at least one screen reader we are using
internally, this causes problems.  The screen reader picks up the extra
characters and says "Test&13&10Button."  That is confusing to listen to.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Tim
Tim Harshbarger