RE: dlink and longdesc

From: Jim Thatcher <thatch@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 11:12:48 -0500
To: Paul Bohman <paulb@cpd2.usu.edu>, W3c-Wai-Ig <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
There is no setting in HRP that I know of or could find. HPR actually
inserts a link, "long description," as copied from the text view of the
trace d link just below the pie chart (which is my least favorite example).
I have HPR set to preface links with "link." Notice how it has "link long
description link D." Alt text is in brackets.

<from text view>
Here is the screen shot of the page that is opened by the "d-link" at the
bottom corner of the image. This page is also referenced in the longdesc
attribute.
[LongDesc Screen Shot.] link Image Description link D
Figure 2.12: The Trace Center image description
Pictures in news stories or images in shopping sites are also candidates for
long descriptions.
</from text view>

Jim
jim@jimthatcher.com