Re: dlink and longdesc

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 00:48:18 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> should the source file for longdesc be a text or html.  or does it matter?

I don't know how it is currently implemented, where implemented, but,
in my view, it ought to be implemented in a full web link context,
such that content negotiation can be used to, for example, provide
recorded speech if the user agent specifies a strong preference for
audio in the request.  (An aural user agent should not necessarily
assume that a general preference for audio applies in this context,
though.)

I would expect HTML unless there were no links and no real structure
beyond basic paragraphing.

[ Deleted 170 lines of unnecessary quotation including 61 line of
  MS-TNEF gibberish. ]