From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 20:40:09 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
The World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C) commitment to lead the Web to its full
potential includes promoting a high degree of usability for people with

An offline note promted me to query whether we are really leading the web,
or have we determined that web means html/xml/ and never mind the other
online media, unless we wish to grouse.

Do we need to show how accessible the wai site is by providing evidence of
accessible streaming media, and thereby demonstrate how possible these
things are?
Would many more people find the wai message far more accessible if it was
provided in a variety of formats?

jonathan chetwynd
IT teacher (LD)