for the web:Fw: Tiger demo

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Gardner" <John.Gardner@ORST.EDU>
To: <EASI@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU>
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2001 12:33 AM
Subject: Tiger demo

Several Boston friends have persuaded me to show the Tiger tactile
graphics
and braille embosser in action while I am there next week.  If you live
in
the Boston area, you are cordially invited to visit any time between
9:00
am and 4:00 pm on Friday, April 20.  Thanks to Tom Wlodkowski and WGBH
for
hosting the demo day.

Place is: WGBH building at 114 Western Avenue.  Come to the lobby of the
114 Western Ave building and dial x3486.  A WGBH staff member will
escort
you to the conference room.

I'll show a number of maps, charts, diagrams, and math examples but am
happy to help adventuresome participants create and emboss other braille
and graphics from Word, charts from Excel, graphs from the Accessible
Graphing Calculator...  If you don't know about Tiger or the Accessible
Graphing Calculator, please click on the Science Access Project URL in
my
signature file and follow the links.

Please contact me for more information.

John
John Gardner
Professor and Director, Science Access Project
Department of Physics
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97331-6507
tel: (541) 737 3278