RE: !important & User Styles

From: Jon Hanna <jon@spinsol.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:20:20 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> I've thought for some time now (and maybe this is already in the
> Spec, I haven't read it in a while) that stylesheets should be able
> to set hard rules that override everything, e.g. if you could set a
> style on the <body> which meant that nothing in it could have a
> font-size of less than 12pt no matter what it would make
> user-styles a lot more useful.

To make what I mean clearer, the rule would be different from the
rules in CSS already, in that they would set limits on the CSS rules.
e.g. setting a minimum of 12pt for someone who can't read text below
that size (as 12pt gets interpreted by their browser/OS/monitor
combination, before we get into that argument again :) it would have
no effect on anything above that, but would turn font-size: 8pt; into
font-size: 12pt;