complex data table issue

From: Denise Koschmann <dkoschman@qrc.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 12:37:02 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
The company I work for develops survey systems for government clients.
We've got loads of complex data table issues, as most of the survey forms
are laid out in tabular format.

I'm working with one of our designers to create a sample data table/form
that our developers can use as a model for retrofitting their systems.
We're using techniques for associating row/column header and cell
information recommended in the WCAG techniques document and the HTML 4.01
spec, but JAWS 3.7 won't read the row and column headers (I've tried
reformatting the table and ALT+CTRL+num 5). I've also tested the sample
with HPR 3, which reads input titles in the table cells but not the header
information itself.

If someone could take a look and tell us what we're missing, I'd really
appreciate it:
http://dingonline.com/GSS/5b.htm

Thank you,
Denise Koschmann