From: Jim Tobias <tobias@inclusive.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:28:24 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi All,

No, that subject line was not a way to make you read this message, nor
can I offer you any income enhancement....

It's about the "important" tag in CSS.  As I understand it, it's the
last refuge of a designer who doesn't want a user's style sheet to override
the design.  This would seem to jeopardize accessibility.

1. Am I right about "important" -- does it override a user's style sheet?

2. Is there a client-side antidote?

3. Is this tag actually being used a lot?

4. Is there a WAI strategy for this, at least in outreach?

Jim Tobias
Inclusive Technologies
732.441.0831 v/tty