-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Gaine [mailto:fgaine@frontend.ie]
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2001 12:13 PM
To: 'Nouiouat, Athmane'; 'Kynn Bartlett'; 'jim@jimthatcher.com'; Graham
Oliver; Charles McCathieNevile; Davey Leslie
Cc: Kelly Ford; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: RE: Skipping navigation tactics

Isn't accessibility about equality of access and choice  ? Forgive me if I
have misunderstood but if style sheets are used so that navigation links are
not seen or heard then this defeats this objective of being able to choose.
Remember, 'skip navigation' links are a priority three checkpoint and is
more of a convenience issue rather than a barrier to access. Using style
sheets in this way could plausibly deny access to navigational information
if it is the case that they're not shown elsewhere on a page. Am I wrong ?
If so, could someone please tell me how style sheets can be used effectively
here ?

Regards
Frank