RE: Skipping navigation tactics

From: <fgaine@frontend.ie>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 23:42:57 +0200
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Isn't accessibility about equality of access and choice  ? Forgive me if I have misunderstood but if style sheets are used so that navigation links are not seen or heard then this defeats this objective of being able to choose. Remember, 'skip navigation' links are a priority three checkpoint and is more of a convenience issue rather than a barrier to access. Using style sheets in this way could plausibly deny access to navigational information if it is the case that they're not shown elsewhere on a page. Am I wrong ? If so, could someone please tell me how style sheets can be used effectively here ?

Regards
Frank