browser questions

From: Suzanne Nikolaisen <nikolaisen@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 20:45:57 -0700 (PDT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Cc: enikolaisen@yahoo.com
Hi. I've been checking out various browsers (I
generally use IE 5.5). I installed Navigator v6, much
to my husband's dismay as he's seen warnings on
several sites (stating if you enter with Netscape 6
the site might not work) and he has read some concerns
readers of Maximum PC magazine had along the same
line.  What are the issues with Netscape 6 for web
compatibility (and do you know if there are any issues
with a Win 2000 machine running Office 2000 and IE
5.5.)?  I have used Netscape and IE on the same
machine doing cross browser testing before and have
had my machine crash consistently, so I haven't used
Netscape for a while.

On a different note, I went to check out mozilla and
there are several flavors - which would work best with
a Win 2000 system?
http://www.mozilla.org/releases/

Thanks for your help!

Suzanne