Re: media: 508 on be vocal

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 11:01:45 -0800
To: "David Poehlman" <poehlman1@home.com>
Cc: "wai-ig list" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 07:43 PM 12/23/2000 , David Poehlman wrote:
>dialing be vocal at:
>and asking for news and then technology will present you with two
>stories.  the second item says in part that screen readers must be
>provided on web sites in order that the handicapped may use them.  I
>cannot understand how such a miss call was made.

I can -- most web designers have never heard of screenreaders
before, and even fewer journalists.  This just shows the need
for education and outreach.

Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                    http://kynn.com/
Sr. Engineering Project Leader, Reef-Edapta       http://www.reef.com/
Chief Technologist, Idyll Mountain Internet   http://www.idyllmtn.com/