New web resources on learning disability and accessibility

From: jonathan chetwynd <jc@signbrowser.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 12:23:33 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
please excuse this plug, if you are not interested in LD read on.

In response to demands from a number of quarters, and to reflect its peripatetic nature, my work with learning difficulties clients has been split over 3 sites.

http://www.peepo.com is the new home for our pages for people with developed non-verbal skills. It is multisensory and predominantly non-verbal, and intended to make web browsing a pleasurable activity for the user group.

http://www.signbrowser.org.uk is a site for teachers, parents and carers. It provides brief verbal explanations as to how and why the other 2 sites are developing. It has links to 'hidden' parts of the peepo site,  as well as a number of external resources.

http://www.gnote.org is a programmer's guide to special needs applications. It is mainly concerned with linux and html. there are links to applications we regularly use. Our linux applications are currently offline, screenshots, and a download site will appear in time.

Please inform me of any missing links, lacunae, comments etc.

A multimedia project 'things we do' will be available (online) in the new year.
It will be a little slow to download, but has proven to be motivating within the client group.
It is part of the 'carousel/cami' project.

thanks again

jonathan chetwynd

jc@signbrowser.org.uk
IT teacher (learning difficulty)