WAI Initiative in New Zealand (2)

From: Graham Oliver <graham_oliver@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 12:00:56 -0800 (PST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Hi
This extract from an email sent by me to a person
involved in suggesting changes to legislation here in
NZ, all comments welcome!

'I am unsure at this stage what to suggest in terms of
whether to suggest adopting "A" or "AA" compliance.
Clearly I favour "AA" from principal and would like to
see this adopted, however, I am not sure how strong
the argument is for "AA" compliance in terms of 'law'.
One of the problems I have is that I don't fully
understand all the priority 2 guidelines in terms of
'what are the REAL CONSEQUENCES to people using the
various user-agents of non-conformance to priority 2
guidelines?'
Does the information really become inaccessible or is
accessibility simply 'dfficult'?
And what does 'difficult' mean?'

Regards
Graham Oliver

=====
+      Graham Oliver                             +
+      Director, GOcomputing                     +
+      8 Arnold Street, Grey Lynn                +
+      Auckland, New Zealand.                    +
+      Phone:  64-9-360-1261                     +
+      Mobile: 64-25-919-724                     +
+      Business Email: gocomputing@attglobal.net +