RE: Looking for bad JavaScript examples!

Thanks Brian!

The "Select a Channel" is exactly the kind of counter-example that I am
looking for at URL:
<http://www.internet.com/home-d.html>
For those using a screen reader, there are about two hundred choices (in
fourteen drop down menus) between the links for "Dig Deeper: Power Search"
and "internetnews.com".  Much to my amazement, these hidden links ARE
accessible in Lynx.  (The category headers are lost however, due to missing
ALT tags).

The underlying JavaScript is quite daunting.  From what I can tell, large
blocks of text (at the end of the source) are inside <div id="xyz"> tags.
JavaScript is used to hide the blocks and float them to assigned areas.
OnMouseOver events toggle the hide attribute.  Can any JavaScript junkies on
the list boil the techniques being used down better than this?  Are there
things to look for in the source code that indicate that the JavaScript will
be problematic?  It seems to me that none of the individual techniques are
necessarily inaccessible, but the combination of them is quite problematic.
Is this assessment correct?

By the way, the raw text IS in the source code.  I was have some interesting
effects using the browsers "Find (on this page)" command.  I am curious as
to how JFW handles these phantom finds.  Since the hidden text is real text
and not images, it is also worth noting that the drop-down menus scale
nicely (except at the largest setting, the lowest items drop off the screen
and are not available).

Cheers,
Bruce