RE: favicon.ico

From: Dan Cathers <cathersdr@home.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:38:50 -0800
To: "jonathan chetwynd" <jc@signbrowser.org.uk>, "Suzanne Nikolaisen" <nikolaisen@yahoo.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Maybe there is something wrong with your installation of IE.  We have 1200
users in the agency I work for and there have been numerous times when the
browser behavior was unexplainable.  In these strange cases, once we
reinstalled the browser, things worked properly.

I know that I personally lost all my icons once when clearing out history
and all I did to get them to return was save the favorite again.  It could
be that you are doing the right thing and the browser is not!

Best wishes,
Dan Cathers