Re: Are mailto links a problem for blind users

Hi All,

Assuming the user has his or her system configured correctly, a mailto link
should launch the e-mail program and open a new message properly
addressed.  In my experiences using most screen readers this is not an
accessibility problem.  When the focus changes the screen reader alerts
that this is happening, especially if a new program is launching.

Personally I prefer mailto links because it avoids having to copy and paste
the e-mail address into another program.

Kelly Ford