Reading order in tables

From: Bailey, Bruce <Bruce_Bailey@ed.gov>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 12:05:11 -0500
To: "'w3c-wai-ig@w3.org'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Dear Group,
One subject under debate in the GL list is the priority level of reading
order in tables (WCAG 1.0 Checkpoint 5.3)
Please see:
<http://astro.temple.edu/~kasday/wai/backwards.html> >

The problem with this problem (!) is that, in real life, this barrier is
often masked by larger (in)accessibility issues.  I am respectfully
requesting folks to send me (preferably off the list) good examples of bad
design where body text gets scrambled when tables are used for layout.  The
more concrete the examples, the better of course!  Unfortunately, most sites
that I have come across that have real problems with this issue have even
bigger problems with lack of ALT and NOSCRIPT content!  If folks are
interested I will compile the results in one weeks time.

Thanks very much.

--
Bruce Bailey
ED OCIO Assistive Technology Program