Re: Visualisation rather than text

From: jonathan chetwynd <jc@signbrowser.org.uk>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 09:52:13 +0100
To: "Brian Kelly" <b.kelly@ukoln.ac.uk>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
The branching metaphor is certainly well known, unfortunately it remains
text based.

I believe that the 3d space is even more universal, perhaps in the meantime
a tree of icons would serve some purpose.
A very real issue is that whilst words and shopping are easy to represent
textually, most abstract concepts are not easy to represent graphically.

parts of speech are a special case, but even say pop music, any graphical
representation will tend to be connected to a marketed product.

My concern would be that we make a start....

I have created a java based drive thru with web-links to numerous topical
issues including:
http://www.plumbdesign.com/projects/thinkmap.html
unfortunately it is currently offline.

jonathan chetwynd