Re: Visualisation rather than text

Karl,

	My problems with webbrain weren't in how it worked to duplicate my
thinking, but because it didn't.

	The lack of an education category in the original presentation led me to
take a different path to find what I wanted. When I got there, the sites
presented didn't match the path I'd taken. After clicking on Home, the
Family, the Kids, I had a choice of choosing Education, but the site
provided weren't at all about kids' education, but education at the higher
levels. Very disappointing!

	When minimicking how people think, it is important to remember that there
are two distint thinking approaches - one that starts with the global and
goes to specifics (which is how the webbrain intends to work), and one that
starts with specifics and goes to the general (which is how many search
sites work with keywords, etc.) Also, you must remember that while there
are users at either end of the spectrum, there are many in the muddy middle
who can use either thinking method and choose when to use each.

				Anne

At 06:10 PM 10/25/00 -0400, karl.hebenstreit@gsa.gov wrote:
disabilities, since this
>interface is based on an "associative computing interface" which can model
>the way a person thinks about a particular task, or even the world from
>their unique perspective.

Anne L. Pemberton
http://www.pen.k12.va.us/Pav/Academy1
http://www.erols.com/stevepem/Homeschooling