Re: Challenge: Defining accessibility

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 00:40:36 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
> previously. The glossary for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0
> provides this definition:

Often this sort of narrow definition is in there because the commercial
partners aren't prepared to accept a wider definition.

In some non-W3C contexts, it has been clear to me that spokesmen are
quoting constraints that they got into the rules as though they
came from outside.

The early material on the web that I've read indicates, to me, that the
originators had a much wider definition of accessibility.  I think that
may be true of the HMTL V 1 spec quote that I used a couple of days ago.