Re: [media] WAI guidelines yield the highest probability of true Web access

From: Kelly Ford <kford@teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:01:36 -0700
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Hi All,

>5. Create tables that transform gracefully. Tables for layout equals NO-NO.

When I speak about web accessibility, this is one of the most controversial
issues.  I know this has been talked about here before but it is my
contention that most tables used for layout do transform gracefully in the
web browsing solutions used by people with disabilities and are not a major
impediment to accessibility.