RE: Best tools for accessible design?

From: Charles F. Munat <chas@munat.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 21:00:05 -0700
To: "'davey'" <davey@inx-jp.org>, <david@davidsaccess.com>, "'Kristi R Schueler/NONFS/USDAFS'" <kschueler@fs.fed.us>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Davey Leslie wrote:

"I don't believe that BBEdit is the equivalent to Homesite--at least not
from
what I can tell by browsing the Homesite site. BBEdit is a high-powered text
editor with (almost) no WYSIWYG. You pretty much have to understand HTML
from the inside out to use it. But if you do, it kicks way huge butt."

Reply:

As far as I know there is no relationship between BBEdit and Homesite. What
makes them "equivalent" is that BBEdit is widely believed to be the best
editor for Mac, and Homesite is (to a lesser degree) believed to be the best
HTML editor for Windows. I think that Allaire makes a version of Homesite
for Linux as well, but it would be difficult to supplant Emacs (and
Emacspeak) as the "best" editor for Linux/Unix.

If you are using Windows (or Linux), definitely check out Homesite. BTW, it
comes with HTMLTidy, Dave Raggets program, for it's internal validator.

Charles F. Munat,
Seattle, Washington