Re: A new iconography? (was:How to convince businesses to be accessible...)

At 09:09 PM 10/21/00 +0100, David Woolley wrote:
>If you showed that you understood that nearly all commercial sites use
>graphics in a way that doesn't help understanding, you might get more
>sympathy, but you seem to want no rules at all.

Quite to the contrary, when I use commercial sites I find the graphics
useful as well as interesting. If they are not there, I feel the merchant
isn't serious about selling on the web, and I move on. A graphic cannot
take the place of descriptive text on a selling site, but it's absence
leaves a serious void in informative content ...

As to rules, I want as few as necessary to meet needs.

				Anne
Anne L. Pemberton
http://www.pen.k12.va.us/Pav/Academy1
http://www.erols.com/stevepem/Homeschooling