Web Accessibility in the UK

From: Martin Sloan <martin.sloan@orange.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 16:37:38 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Hi

I'm a final year honours student researching towards a dissertation on
the impact of the Disability Discrimination Act on web accessibility in
the UK ('Web Accessibility and the DDA'). Although there is no case law
in the UK on this (hence the dissertation), I was wondering whether
anyone could point me in the direction of relative case law and/or
articles on the subject from other countries. As a result of
subscribing to this list I have already come across the SOCOG case and
found both the case and the subsequent postings very useful. I am also
aware of the AOL case however feel this will be of only limited use as
I understand that it was settled out of court.

On a slightly different, but still relevant note, I have also come
across a case involving the American version of the 'Who Wants to be a
Millionaire?' quizshow but have had little luck in finding a report or
articles - no due to the fact that all I know is the subject. Again if
anyone has more details on this then they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

martin.
--
martin.sloan@orange.net