Re: Clocks

From: Marti <marti@agassa.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 20:25:47 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, "Phill Jenkins/Austin/IBM" <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Back to the beginning ...
I was asking about continuous time display clocks on web pages - ( I don't
think any of the 'zone' specific stuff applies since we are talking
JavaScript which would only be your own time settings)
The 'update' grabs the attention of some screen readers preventing you from
ever getting to the actual content on a page.
Would you consider this an 'auto refresh' problem? Or maybe 'screen
flicker'?
Should it be addressed somewhere in the guidelines?