Re: A new iconography? (was:How to convince businesses to be accessib le...)

From: David Poehlman <poehlman@clark.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2000 09:44:28 -0400
To: Anne Pemberton <apembert@crosslink.net>
CC: Dave J Woolley <david.woolley@bts.co.uk>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
comprehention and accessability are two separate issues as I was trying
to point out in my example with a foreign language.
it is not nor should it be the responsibility of any standards body for
access to make the web comprehensible.  this is for another
standards/guidelines group if you will and again, I call for such a
group.  this does not even fall into the realm of useability as it is
currently defined.   another group that needs forming is one that puts
computers and free connectivity at the disposal of the have nots.  I
think this is the new political foot ball the digital devide.
--
Hands-On Technolog(eye)s
ftp://poehlman.clark.net