Rabelais & Dante was Re: Books on my shelf

From: jonathan chetwynd <jc@signbrowser.org.uk>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 10:22:01 +0100
To: "Kynn Bartlett" <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
The web is not solely concerned with information, commerce, communication,
and collective understanding, so I'd like to mention another one or two,
beautiful illustrated books. Whilst each is a great personal asset, they
could equally well adorn the web:

One I keep next to the perl camel, right in the centre of my brand
new(period) ercol* free-standing bookshelves.
It is a very lovely edition of 'The Works of Rabelais' illustrated by Heath
Robinson and published by The Navarre Society.
These 2 volumes are available for $95:
http://www.moesbooks.com/catalogs/ILLUST.HTM and well worth the price.

Another for those of a more macabre sensibility is Dante's 'La Divina
Commedia' illustratd by Boticelli and published by The Nonesuch Press. It is
very much more expensive, but still great value at $650:
http://www.reeseco.com/cat195/195i.htm

In the meanwhile Scott will have to stand in.

*http:www.ercol.co.uk

jonathan chetwynd

jc@signbrowser.org.uk
IT teacher (learning difficulty)