Re: Textual Images vs. Styled Text, Round Two *ding*

Well, if it happened in two years I would be pretty satisfied I think.

For mainstream systems it is available - there are plugins and browsers
available for all operating systems, and a project here working on a
text-only SVG browser. (The source for news is the Working group page -
http:www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG - which includes links to many implementations
and implementation projects, though probably not all of them.)

But predicting the uptake of technology is difficult...

Charles

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Kynn Bartlett wrote:

  At 02:45 AM 9/28/2000 , Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
  >Well, SVG does provide a solution, and is implemented in a number of systems
  >and operating systems already (plus it can be read as "generic XML" - text
  >with a stylesheet).
  >But for general use it is probably still a little while before it is used
  >widely enough to be considered a solution.

  By "a little while" you probably mean "two or three years"?

  Just checking. :)

  --Kynn

September - November 2000:
W3C INRIA, 2004 Route des Lucioles, BP 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France