Re: [media] Bobby blows whistle on inaccessible Web pages

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 07:19:31 -0700
To: "Kathleen Anderson" <kathleen.anderson@po.state.ct.us>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 10:13 AM -0400 9/7/00, Kathleen Anderson wrote:
>Bobby 3.2, a free application from the Center for Applied Special
>Technology, analyzes Web page source code for accessibility to disabled
>users.
>>From the September 4, 2000 issue of Government Computer News:
>http://www.gcn.com/vol19_no26/news/2841-1.html

BTW, just since it's semi-topical, I feel the "policeman" motif
and metaphor for Bobby is rather sadly mischosen...I feel there's
a negative aspect associated with the idea of Bobby "policing"
Web like some sort of "accessibility cop" instead of being a
useful tool for self-analysis.  It's unfortunate that an image
of authority and law enforcement was selected and is the most
visible "public face" of the Web accessibility movement.

--Kynn

PS:  Or maybe it's just that I live in Los Angeles...
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
http://www.kynn.com/