Re: Mac/IE/XHTML Problem

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 13:01:25 -0700
To: "Charles F. Munat" <chas@munat.com>
Cc: "WAI Interest Group \(E-mail\)" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 01:22 PM 9/5/2000 , Charles F. Munat wrote:
>In accordance with the checkpoint to use W3C technologies when available
>(and with the W3C current recommendation to use XHTML), I've changed over
>all of my sites to XHTML.

Got a URL handy?

>Has anyone else on this list encountered this problem? Is it true that
>Mac/IE will not handle XHTML pages properly (I really hope not).

I've used XHTML pages just fine on IE 5 on my iBook.

>Or could it
>be some sort of mime-type problem on his computer? Doesn't XHTML go out as
>text/html?

Depends on what your server is configured to do. XHTML goes out as
text/html if it's named .html, for example.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                       http://kynn.com/
Director of Accessibility, Edapta                  http://www.edapta.com/