content guidelines checkpoint 3.1

From: Zachary Mutrux <zacm@etr.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 13:57:57 -0700
To: WAI <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi All:

I'm new to the list, so forgive me if this has been discussed before. Does
checkpoint 3.1 of the WAI Content Accessibility Guidelines actually preclude
the use of all text images?

<http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT/#gl-structure-presentation>

"3.1 When an appropriate markup language exists, use markup rather than
images to convey information. [Priority 2]
For example, use MathML to mark up mathematical equations, and style sheets
to format text and control layout. Also, avoid using images to represent
text -- use text and style sheets instead. Refer also to guideline 6 and
guideline 11."

Thanks,

Zac Mutrux

--
Zachary Mutrux, IT Generalist, National Service Resource Center
800-860-2684 x.130  |  http://www.etr.org/nsrc