content guidelines checkpoint 3.1

From: Zachary Mutrux <zacm@etr.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 13:57:57 -0700
To: WAI <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi All:

I'm new to the list, so forgive me if this has been discussed before. Does
checkpoint 3.1 of the WAI Content Accessibility Guidelines actually preclude
the use of all text images?

"3.1 When an appropriate markup language exists, use markup rather than
images to convey information. [Priority 2]
For example, use MathML to mark up mathematical equations, and style sheets
to format text and control layout. Also, avoid using images to represent
text -- use text and style sheets instead. Refer also to guideline 6 and
guideline 11."

Zac Mutrux

Zachary Mutrux, IT Generalist, National Service Resource Center
800-860-2684 x.130  |  http://www.etr.org/nsrc
831-461-0205 (TDD)  |  AOL Instant Messenger screen name: NSRC TA