RE: PDF Alternatives?

> From:	Carlos A Velasco [SMTP:Carlos.Velasco-Nunez@gmd.de]
>
> allows to create PDF "on the fly" to be sent by email to the
> bureaucrat. And everything comes from an accessible HTML form!!

I don't think the bureacrats want PDF; they want a paper
document in a fixed format, which the same format as was
used by the person completing the form.  You can meet the
first requirement by printing the captured data onto a
pre-printed form, but, if it weren't for the second point,
the bureacrat would probably have no problem with a single
font printout of the key data and labels.

In many cases they may also want a signature (some internet
banks in the UK take the initial form data online and then
print it and send it to the applicant for confirmation and
signing).

PDF just happens to be the best available format for producing
a near exact online replica of a document.