Re: PDF Alternatives?

From: Marti <marti@agassa.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 10:47:59 -0400
To: <love26@gorge.net>
Cc: "Dave J Woolley" <DJW@bts.co.uk>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Perhaps I am missing something here but -
On one side we have various 'agencies' that feel their forms must be in a
firmly fixed format (for whatevery reason, rational or not).
On the other, people who want to be able to use these forms in an
independant manner that is not supported by the technologies currently in
use (available?).
It seems that if both sides remain entrenched in their positions nothing
will change (unless of course some magic new technology appears). If each
side could find a way to 'give' a little bit we might make progress towards
workable solutions that don't take years and years.
I am not by any means saying we should give up on fully accessible forms,
just that some interim solutions that move things forward should be
considered.
Marti