RE: How do I use CSS to fake a button?

Howdy,

I have been cursively following this thread (not enough time in the day to
be as active as I one was, and I have two reactions that I thought would be
worth sharing with the group.

My visceral response was "same old ivory tower discussion - our own
equivalent to how many angels can dance on the tip of a needle". The fact of
the matter is that one person's ramp is another person's staircase. This is
and has always been the case when it comes to true accessibility. There is
no amount of wordsmithing that we can do to WCAG to change that. By analogy,
you show me any fully ADA Compliant hotel room, and I will point out at
least three things that make it inaccessible to me.

This lead me to my second reaction - that this discussion is actually
leading us down the wrong path. We in IG are still hashing out the
definition of accessibility - which I would argue is not only fruitless, but
also counterproductive. If the "goal" of WAI is encourage the widespread
adoption of WCAG, the goal should b to make the guidelines as "palatable"
and concrete as possible, while still addressing MOST of the needs of MOST
people with disabilities. We need the "line in the sand" somewhere.

My gut tells me my head will get bitten off for this post - but, hey, it
would not be the first time. :)

dc

David M Clark
VP - Site Operations
halftheplanet.com - http://www.halftheplanet.com
New York, NY 10018
21/643-0650x256 Voice - 212/243-6704 Fax
dclark@halftheplanet.com
Boston Office: 617/859-0367