RE: Text equivalents

From: Bruce Bailey <bbailey@clark.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 16:51:56 -0500
To: "Anne Pemberton" <apembert@crosslink.net>
Cc: "Web Accessibility Initiative" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
> The popular browsers do not read as yet. If they did, this would be a fine
> solution for some/many, but it isn't here yet. Browsers that read
> to a user
> are not typically (if any) user-friendly to ordinary users. And browsers
> which work with standard sound cards don't seem to be commonly available
> even in the nearby cities. Perhaps I've looked in the wrong places.

Anne,
Have you (on anyone else on this list) tried these "ReadPlease" products?  I
think they are made by the "textHELP" people.  Relatively inexpensive ($50)
and works with IE, Netscape, Opera.
http://www.readplease.com/
http://www.texthelp.com/

My apologies for mistakenly addressing a letter from Jonathan to you.