RE: Tool Tip behavior

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 00:48:46 -0800
To: "Gregory J. Rosmaita" <unagi69@concentric.net>
At 12:11 AM 2/26/2000 , Gregory J. Rosmaita wrote:
>or via an extension to CSS -- if you can define a cursor, why not a tooltip?  after all, they do have their uses -- even i can "see" that -- and it would be beneficial for them, and other mouse-over slash hovering events and alerts be promulgated uniformly and consistently, in whatever GUI environment the UA happens to be running, whenever the user cares to expose them -- especially if exposure is achievable in a device independent manner!

This is an even better idea than what I suggested. :)

I think a combination of both -- CSS and XHTML -- can give a more
powerful set of tools for making tooltips than relying on the poor
"title" attribute which should be used, in my opinion, only to
provide something that someone would call a "reasonable" title
for the element in question!