A few comments on NIDRR's Abledata website

From: Scott Luebking <phoenixl@netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 09:43:06 -0800 (PST)
To: W3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Hi,

NIDRR's Abledata website is an excellent example of accomodating a wide
range of users' preferences.  For people who have the band-width
and prefer very visually interesting presentation with rich graphics
and features using Java, there is one set of pages.  For people
who don't have the bandwidth or need accessible web pages, a different
version is available.  (My suspicion is that the search engine has been
programmed to be able to generate dynamic web pages in different formats.)

This web site points out the advantage to the user of being able
to tell the server which type of web page to send.  The user only has
to select the correct link.  Notice that the user gets a format which
more closely meets his needs with no fussing about style sheets.
A very naive user could use this web site and easily get a more preferred
format.

I have to admit I'm impressed with the thought that went into designing
this web site.

Scott