Re: About ABBR

At 11:55 AM 2/18/00 -0600, thatch@us.ibm.com wrote:

>Ann, you're arguing a different point with "Accessible design is not
>different, nor difficult." Things don't have to be difficult to take time.
>And adding accessibility features does take time. Not a lot!! But the
>discussion was about ABBR. The point was that ABBR does take some
>time to include. ABBR has zero payoff to the content provider. Doesn't
>make her site one bit more accessible.

If we're going to count characters in determining cost, I'd be willing to
best most of my next royalty check that most inaccessible sites have more
than an accessible version of the same.

ABBR has significant payoff to the content provider if it enhances
understanding.

Ann
---
Just Released! - HTML BY Example
Now shipping -  Mastering XML
Also in print:  Effective Web Design: Master the Essentials

Founder, WebGeek Communications            http://www.webgeek.com
Vice President-Finance, HTML Writers Guild http://www.hwg.org
Director, HWG Online Education             http://www.hwg.org/services/classes