[Fwd: [jobline] Short term Consult: Convert OS/2 to Windows NT]

From: David Poehlman <poehlman@clark.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 10:55:45 -0500
To: wai-ig list <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [jobline] Short term Consult: Convert OS/2 to Windows NT
Date: 18 Feb 2000 13:02:20 -0000
From: 1TravelSavingsAlert@just4u.com
To: jobline@onelist.com

From: 1TravelSavingsAlert@just4u.com

Date sent:      	Thu, 17 Feb 2000 12:27:48 -0500 (EST)
From:           	(Pat Maher)

companyname: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Delaware
phone: 302-421-2646
country: usa
companyaddress: 1 Brandywine GAteway
city: Wilmington
state: Delaware

REPLY TO EMAIL: pmaher@bcbsde.cm

custom_req: We need someone with specialized skills to help us with
problem defined below:

The number one reason to convert the Blue Chip development servers
OS/2 to Windows NT is that OS/2 is no longer supported by IBM and the
expertise in resolving problems has been lost.  Also, the servers are
getting old and somewhat unstable, and resolving problems seems to
longer and longer. Advanced Technology tried to convert to Windows
about a
year ago, but ran into problems.  The main one was that the current
1 runs on a Dell Pentium, while the other 2 servers are OS/2.  This
some incompatibility issues when AT tried to move everything to one
server, and no one could advise as to how to resolve the issues. Our
objective is to move to a Windows NT server platform that would allow
to run 58 IMS sessions and use the existing middle tier code with the
appropriate modifications to run on Windows rather than OS/2.  We need
someone who understands the OS/2 operating system, C++ code, Comm
and Windows NT.  And if we factor in Uruguay, which we should convert
Windows, he/she would also need to know SNA and TCP/IP to some degree,
although I think Chuck can provide a lot of expertise in most of these
areas except for Comm Manager and the C++ code.  The C++ code has to
changed to some degree to work with Windows NT and not Comm Manager.

It should be as short-time project.  We are looking for a bid.

Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa. Rates as low as 2.9 percent
Intro or 9.9 percent Fixed APR, online balance transfers, Rewards
credit you deserve! Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at

 Get the Current Salary Survey
Local City Guides,
 Restaurants, Movie Times, News, Local Store Coupons,
 and lots more.
        Tell a Friend.