Re: About ABBR

At 08:39 AM 2/18/00 -0600, thatch@us.ibm.com wrote:

>Gregory, your position, though understandable is untenable. Web site
>accessibility does cost something. When we go to content developers to ask
>that they include accessibility features we are asking that they learn
>more, that they do more, that their product cost more.

That's a rather specious argument.

It would be like asking my contractor to build the house so that we can use
it in stormy weather in addition to the normally sunny Florida climate, and
have them say 'but we'd have to learn how, and that would make prices go up!'.

Why would I hire someone to do an incomplete job?

Ann
---
Just Released! - HTML BY Example
Now shipping -  Mastering XML
Also in print:  Effective Web Design: Master the Essentials

Founder, WebGeek Communications            http://www.webgeek.com
Vice President-Finance, HTML Writers Guild http://www.hwg.org
Director, HWG Online Education             http://www.hwg.org/services/classes