Frames

From: Melinda Morris-Black <melinda@ink.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 16:06:43 -0600
To: Accessibility Listserve <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Could someone please explain to me how a web page with frames "sounds"
to someone using voice assistive technologies? A web developer asked me
this question.

Additionally, I'd appreciate a response that fully explains why frames
are not a good accessibility solution. Links to online documentation
would also suffice. I dislike frames for reasons separate from
accessibility, but want more ammo to rid them from existence! :)

--
Regards,

MELINDA MORRIS-BLACK
Information Architect