Re: Frames [Re: ADA Applies to Web]

From: Patrick Burke <burke@ucla.edu>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 21:57:44 -0800
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
As a semi-tangent, is there a way to force IE or Netscape to display a
NOFRAMES
section of a site? If you turn off script support you get the noscript
(Presumably, I haven't actually tried it lately), but is there any way to
"turn
off" frames?

I'm asking out of theoretical curiosity. If someone designed a functional
NOFRAMES section conveying all the information of the frames page, would an
IE/Nets user be stuck with the framey version?

Patrick

At 05:15 PM 2/13/00 , Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines require that Frames have meaningful
>names/titles, and should also have alternative navigation mechanisms provided
>by use of the NOFRAMES element

Patrick J. Burke

burke@ucla.edu
http://www.dcp.ucla.edu/staff/patrick.htm

University of California
Los Angeles
The Disabilities & Computing Program
at the UCLA Office of Academic Computing

Analyzing Usability
Since 1994