Re: Some follow-up thoughts on the US ADA/Web Hearing

At 06:53 PM 2/10/2000 , Judy Brewer wrote:
>On the technical panel, several witnesses commented about the importance of
>Web accessibility; made references to good work being done by W3C/WAI; and
>stated that education and training should be sufficient and that no
>regulation was necessary or could be unduly burdensome to industry.

I think one of the best things to come from all this was the near-
universal agreement on both sides of the issue that accessible web
design -does- matter and -should- be a priority in order to ensure
the growth of e-commerce.  Informed minds may differ on the specifics
of how best to implement that (I feel that the ADA, sadly, -will- be
necessary in some cases), but I am glad there is common ground we
can all stand on to get the message before the lawmakers and other
powers-that-be.