Re: Statements are now up

From: <thatch@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 17:12:18 -0600
To: Glenda Watson Hyatt <Glenda@eaglecom.bc.ca>
cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

The best way to "respond" is to ignore them. The worst thing you can do is
give them credibility by responding. They will not listen and just further
twist your words.

Jim Thatcher
IBM Accessibility Center
HPR Quick Help: http://www.austin.ibm.com/sns/quickreplace.html

Glenda Watson Hyatt <Glenda@eaglecom.bc.ca> on 02/09/2000 03:09:02 PM

To:   w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject:  Re: Statements are now up

Removing my professional cap for a moment...after reading Olson's
statement, why do I have this undeniable urge to blindfold and stick
this "expert" in a wheelchair, and say "go for it, buddy!"

Replacing my cap...as serious professionals and business people, how do
we best respond to these types of comments?

Kynn wrote:
> The witness statements are now available at:
>       http://www.house.gov/judiciary/2.htm
> I can't really express, in a public forum, as a representative
> of the HTML Writers Guild, what I think of Mr. Walter Olson's
> post which is full of "Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt" mixed
> in with broad generalities and blatant falsehoods in the service
> of scare tactics.
> --Kynn

Glenda Watson Hyatt
Soaring Eagle Communications
"Creating freedom and power through accessible communications"
E Mail: mailto:Glenda@eaglecom.bc.ca
Website: http://www.eaglecom.bc.ca
Want to know how to make your website accessible to more people?
Subscribe to our FREE newsletter by emailing