Re: Optimizing PDF files for Accessibility

From: Melinda Morris-Black <melinda@ink.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 08:30:19 -0600
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Unfortunately, government agencies have reams of documents they are trying to make
available via the Internet. Many were never digital documents. It is not
economically feasible to hire the legions of staff necessary to perform the task of
keying in the information in an era of budget cuts.

I agree that PDF technology as it stands today is seriously flawed in meeting the
needs of the disabled. I posted the PDF links so that people would learn that Adobe
is aware of PDF shortcomings and are making steps toward better accessibility. It is
my hope that software makers build tools that help web developers create accessible
sites.

--
Regards,

MELINDA MORRIS-BLACK