Re: Triple Z site

There's stuff that visible in Netscape that's missing from  the
netscape/jfw output.  This includes

Labels that are rendered as images, including
A text field labeled, via an image, "search our site"
A text field labeled, via an image "join our email list..."
Image Text above "Bvlgari" that says "Specials for Her"

And likely more.  That was just a quick look.  I think this shows an
inherent problem using a screenreader to evaluate a site: it doesn't show
what you're missing.

In lynx it shows some more alt text, and image maps with no ALT text.  Lynx
renders the image map areas as urls, which in this case are quite hostile.

For example,

warning: alphanumeric garbage on next line

http://www.perfumania.com/perfumania/account.asp?login=1&sid=NUCLNKARXS2LX80
0A3H14MS98AB

end of garbage (actually I edited a few character out of the garbage out of
privacy paranoia)

There's redundant links at the bottom, but the lynx user still has to put
up with the hostile urls.

Pretty awful page, I'd say.

Len

At 04:36 PM 1/20/00 -0500, David Poehlman wrote:
>I really don't have a problem with this and I use netscape with jfw.
>
>see below and be sure to read all the way to the end.
>
>          Shipping Information
>
>          5 For $25 Promotion!
>
>          PerfumaniaWholesale.com
>
>                         Perfumania is your
>                         ultimate choice for
>                         excellent values on quality
>                         brand name perfumes,
>                         colognes, and fragrances.
>
>                         Visit often and tell your
>                         friends of our discount
>                         prices.
>
>                           Alfred Sung
>                             Forever
>
>                                        Bvlgari
>
>                                                 Shalimar for
>                                                   Women
>
>                                   NEW! 5 For $25 Promo
>
>                                   Our Secure Shopping Guarantee!
>
>                                   Earn Cash! Join Our Affiliate
>Program!
>                                   We Value Your Privacy
>
>                         1.
>                          360 For Women by PERRY ELLIS
>                         2.
>                          POLO SPORT For Women by
>                          RALPH LAUREN
>                         3.
>                          360 For Men by PERRY ELLIS
>                         4.
>                          ANGEL For Women by THIERRY
>                          MUGLER
>                         5.
>                          RESERVE For Men by PERRY ELLIS
>
>         Women's Perfumes | Men's Colognes | Kid's Fragrances | Gift
>Sets | Bath/Body | Aromatherapy | Accessories
>              Shopping Cart | About Us | Customer Service | Vip Service
>| Gift Reminder | Store Locator

-------
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and
Department of Electrical Engineering
Temple University
423 Ritter Annex, Philadelphia, PA 19122

kasday@acm.org
http://astro.temple.edu/~kasday

(215) 204-2247 (voice)
(800) 750-7428 (TTY)