Re: Radio buttons id's and labels

From: Massey, Nancy <nmassey@postoffice.dca.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:30:22 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

>I'm trying to achieve AA status for a form and I'm stuck on how to do
>radio fields (I realise I could use a select form but the client wants a
>radio button):
>
>   <label for="role">Choice of role</label>
>   <input name="role" id="role" value="Mentor only" type="radio" /> a
> Mentor only
>   <input name="role" id="role" value="Mentor or a Lead Mentor"
> type="radio" /> a Mentor or a Lead Mentor
>
>The above is invalid as you can't have two id's which are the same... so
>how does one do this?

While working on a site that has over 700 documents, I encountered this
problem about the same time that Chris posted this message. Except for this
one issue the site I am working on can achieve AA status. This is also a
problem when using the validator.w3.org. The site will not validate at HTML
4.01 - can not use two or more id's with the same name.

So I ask the question again, has anyone been able to solve this problem?

thanks,

Nancy Massey
<http://www.masseynet.com/>