Re: WaitingForBob -- Selfish Reason for Accessibility

At 01:20 7-06-2000 -0400, Kynn Bartlett wrote:
>No direct mention of people with disabilities, but support for
>cross-browser design:
>
>      http://www.waitingforbob.com/index.php/20000606

Hurrah!  On account of him being a Famous Writer and all, he's nailed the
point I've been trying to make since attending the WAI launch in
'97.  Working for government force will just add another reason to the pile
encouraging companies and people to take their sites offshore (encryption
restriction, taxes, etc.), and besides which it pisses people off to tell
them what to do (instead of showing them how it can help them).  The
conservative and libertarian sites that are railing against section 508 (if
I've got the number right) would be taking exactly the opposite approach if
instead the WAI were presented as an industry consortium voluntarily
embracing a diverse Internet community without government involvement.

>My Browser Is Faster Than Yours

(-:

-Chris
--
Christopher R. Maden, Solutions Architect
Yomu: <URL:http://www.yomu.com/>